Mission and Values
The Baseball United Foundation (BUF) is a non-profit organization based in New York. BUF was founded in 2006 to support the development of amateur baseball programs in Ireland. Over time, our footprint has expanded to include support for youth baseball programs in the USA and around the world.
The Baseball United Foundation is committed to giving back to the game of baseball by sharing resources, experience, and best practices with communities and organizations who can benefit from them.
In short, our mission is to share the game of baseball.
A Brief History of the Baseball United Foundation
The Baseball United Foundation (BUF) was founded in 2006, under the name “Emerald Diamond USA,” to support the development of amateur baseball programs in Ireland. Over time, our footprint has expanded to include support for youth baseball programs in the USA and around the world.
Sharing the Game of Baseball
We share the game of baseball because we believe baseball provides endless opportunities for learning and growth. Baseball teaches children the values of teamwork, sportsmanship, responsibility, and integrity, while building self-esteem and promoting healthy choices through exercise and competition.
It’s easy to take the game of baseball for granted. But many youth baseball programs — in the US and abroad — struggle for a variety of reasons, from a lack of equipment and coaches to inadequate facilities.
We have committed ourselves to giving back to the game of baseball by sharing resources, experience, and best practices with communities and organizations who can benefit from them.
How We Share the Game of Baseball: P.A.C.E.
We share the game of baseball in many ways. Our work is best explained with the acronym P.A.C.E. – we support the development of the game of baseball by PROMOTING the game, providing ACCESS to the game, developing COMMUNITIES within the game, and EDUCATING people about the game.
P: Promoting the Game of Baseball
- Developing innovative youth baseball programs
- Providing financial assistance to youth baseball teams and leagues
A: Access to the Game of Baseball
- Fundraising for field development projects
- Providing affordable recruiting videos to high school baseball players
- Shipping donated equipment overseas
C: Communities within the Game of Baseball
- Connecting high school, college, and professional coaches with international organizations in need of their expertise
- Establishing and organizing teams for international competition
- Organizing fundraisers for baseball organizations and coordinating fundraising efforts by the baseball community to help communities in need
E: Educating People About the Game of Baseball
- Bringing international youth baseball players to America for instruction, camps, and games
- Conducting camps and clinics in the US and Europe
- Providing instruction manuals and remote video instruction to train volunteer coaches