Supporting Baseball in Ireland Since 2006
The Baseball United Foundation was founded in 2006 to support the development of amateur baseball programs in Ireland. As our geographical footprint has expanded to other countries, we have continued our work in Ireland as an independent non-profit organization. Our work in Ireland remains a source of great pride and a central focus.
Teaching Baseball to Children in Ireland
The problems faced by youth baseball programs in America are magnified in countries where baseball is not traditionally played. However, Ireland’s rich history of bat and ball games, coupled with the familiarity of Irish children with the game of rounders — the “ancestral sport” of baseball — provides a starting point for teaching the game to children.
The Irish American Baseball Society
In 2018, the Baseball United Foundation established the Irish American Baseball Society. The Irish American Baseball Society celebrates the contributions of Irish Americans to the game of baseball while working to advance the growth of the game of baseball in Ireland and America.
Programs and Initiatives in Ireland:
- Shipping Donated Equipment to Ireland
- Introducing baseball into Irish primary schools
- Bringing young Irish players to America for baseball camps
- Sending American coaches to Ireland for baseball camps and clinics
- Sending MLB umpires to Ireland to train amateur officials
- Providing support for field construction and improvement projects
- Providing Remote Video Instruction to players and coaches
- Assisting with the recruiting process for Ireland’s Mens and Under-18 National Baseball Teams
- Starting and managing logistics for Ireland’s first Under-18 Irish Junior National Baseball Team
- Fundraising and Financial Support for amateur leagues and clubs throughout Ireland